Shahjahanpur City is established by Shri Diler Khan and Shri Bahadur Khan sons of Shri Dariya Khan who was a soldier in the army of Mugal Emperor JAHANGEER. Both, Shri Diler Khan and Shri Bahadur Khan were dignitary in the regime of Shahjahan. After, pleasing with the services of Shri Dilerkhan, Shahjahan gifted 14 villages with the permission to construct a Fort. Diler khan developed a fort in "Nainar Khera Village" which was situated on the rivers Garrah and Khannaut. He also established 52 type of Pathan's Caste. Today, most of the mohallas are on the name of these castes.
Like Shahjahanpur City,Tilhar was developed by "RAJPUT - TIRLOK CHANDRA".This is the oldest town of the district. Due to supply of "BOWS" to the Military, this town was called as "TEER KAMAN NAGAR". Shri Mangal Khan who was a NAZIM of Hafiz Rehmat Ali Khan Nawab Rohil established a Fort in village "MANSURPUR" near "TILHAR"
He and his family members possessed it upto first freedom struggle of 1857.Later, British Government occupied it and converted it in Tehsil and Police Station.
District Shahjahanpur is situated in South East of Rohilkhand Division.It is established in 1813. Before its creation it was a part of district Bareilly. Geographically, it is situated at 27.35N latitude and 79.37E longitude. Adjoining districts of Shahjahanpur are Lakhimpur Khiri, Hardoi, Farrukhabad, Bareilly, Buduan and Pilibhit respectively. Geographical area of it is 4575 sq. meter. This is a agriculture based district of Uttar Pradesh.
Ramganga, Garrah .Gomti are the main rivers of district. Kathana, Jhukma & Mensi are the attached rivers of Gomti.Garrah is the main river.Khannaut, Suketa and Kai are the attached rivers of Garrah. Flood,mostly effects Jalalabad Tehsil. Major crops of the district are Wheat,Gram,Millet & Potato.
POPULATION(in lacks) and Literacy(in percentage)
|TEHSIL||BLOCK||NAGAR PALIKA||NAGAR PANCHAYAT|
3. KATRA KHUDAGANJ